General Information about HCE
HARRISBURG CATHOLIC ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Tuition and Registration
The tuition rate for the 2017 - 2018 School Year is as follows:
Catholic Family * $3,275 -- one child, grades 1-8
+$2,275 -- each additional child, grades 1-8
Catholic Kindergartener $3,275 (no family discount)
Inactive Parishioner $4,775
Non-Catholic Student $4,775
* Special rates are given to families who actively participate in their parish by attending Mass each weekend and by being involved in the life of the parish. Simply being "baptized Catholic" does not entitle a family to this special rate.
Pre-K (full day) $4,775
Pre-K (half day) $2,388
All tuition is non-refundable.
1. The contract form must be signed by you and your Pastor.
2. In order to be admitted into the 2017 - 2018 school year, all forms must be completed and returned to the school office prior to the start of the 2017 - 2018 academic year.
3. New admissions are responsible for the Enrollment Fee.
4. All students in grades Pre-K through 8th Grade must be enrolled in the Smart Tuition Plan unless the tuition is paid in one lump sum by the first day of school or if you've chosen to pay in two payments, the first half is received by the first day of school. The annual administrative fee and any late fees connected with the Smart Tuition Plan are the responsibility of the person who agreed to pay the tuition.
Change of Address
It is imperative that any changes of address, phone number or emergency contact information be provided to the school office as soon as possible. We must keep school records up to date and know how to reach parents / guardians in case of emergency.
After pre-admission testing and an interview with the principal, a student may be admitted to HCE, provided there is space in that grade. Class size for grades K through 8 is capped at 24 students. Pre-K will have a smaller number of students.
There are special requirements for students entering Pre-K, Kindergarten and 1st Grade. In addition to the general admission requirements, a student wishing to enter Pre-K must be 4 years old on or before September 1st; a Kindergarten student must be 5 years of age on or before September 1st; and a 1st Grade student must be 6 years old by September 1st.
Emergency Early Dismissals
Early dismissals created by an emergency (i.e., heating or water failure) cannot be anticipated. However, please do your part to make provisions for such circumstances, making sure your child(ren) have a relative or neighbor with whom they can stay should such an early dismissal be required. Having an alternate plan discussed with your child, will make such situations less stressful for all involved.
In cases of bad weather, announcements will be made via local radio and t.v. stations. In general, HCE will follow the same delays, closings or early dismissals as Harrisburg School District.
All visitors must report to the school office and receive a pass from the staff. If it is necessary to contact a teacher or student during the normal school day, the secretary will make the contact in the least intrusive manner.
Service Hour Policy
The Parents / Guardians of students enrolled in HCE are expected to provide 10 hours of service to the school throughout the school term. At the end of the school year, families will be billed $15 per hour for every uncompleted hour of service. Please be sure to complete the appropriate Service Hour form each time you provide a service to the school. These forms may be obtained from your child's teacher.
School to Home Envelopes
Information is sent home in a special envelope every other Monday via the youngest child in the family. This same information is posted on the website, on the School home link at top. It is imperative that parents / guardians read this information. Important updates are provided. This will help keep families informated about school activities. Please do your part, take a few minutes each week to read these notes.
Cell Phone Policy
We believe students should not have cell phones in school, but we do understand that they may be needed for after school activities. With that in mind, cell phones are to be turned off during the day and must be given to the homeroom teacher upon the student's arrival at school. Cell phones will be returned to the student at the end of the day. Violation of this policy will result in the cell phone being given to the principal and a parent must come to the school to retrieve the cell phone. No calls or texts are permitted during the school day. HCE is not responsible for lost or stolen electronic equipment.